• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Dedicated server with ubuntu 14.04 and Plesk 12.5 upgrade to Plesk Onyx

cij

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I want to upgrade the Plesk version from Plesk 12.5 to Plesk Onyx 17.X. I havre read serveral threads where the user has been upgraded the version without any issues. So therefore I would like to upgrade my version to. But currentyl I receive on the upgrade page a 'warning' message....

'Plesk pre-upgrade check
WARNING: The 'Apparmor' security module for the Linux kernel is turned on. Turn the module off before continuing work with Parallels Plesk Panel. Please check http://kb.plesk.com/en/112903 for more details.'

On the Plesk Onyx release notes page, I have see the information:

'Plesk can now be installed on Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 servers with AppArmor enabled.'

Is this means, that I can upgrade without remove the Apparmor service? Can anyone please confirm?

System information:

Dedicated Server
Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬
Plesk 12.5.30 Update #53

Thank you in advanced

Attachments

• plesk_warning_apparmor.JPG
    plesk_warning_apparmor.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 3
Hi cij,

as you already read "Plesk can now be installed on Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 servers with AppArmor enabled.", this IS already an official statement from Plesk. ;)

You might have missed to read the mentioned KB - article a little closer:
Note: AppArmor is requirement for Docker on Ubuntu 14, 16, so do not disable it on these operating systems. Plesk supports AppArmor on them.

Back