• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Default certificate still being used - why?

A

adunleavy

Guest
I have setup a certificate on a domain with a dedicated IP. When I go into the SETUP for that doain, it shows that it is using the new certificate I have installed.

However, when I go to the site from a browser, it still uses the default PLESK certificate.

I have power-cycled the server 3 times thinking that perhaps it needed a reboot.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Plesk 7.5.3 / Fedora 2

Thanks -

Anthony
 
Thawte 123 certificate

Just installed Thawte 123 certificate. The only little problem I had was that I forgot to select on the domain what certificate should be used.

So, the steps are:
Install certificate at the server level via Plesk
Then select domain name (the certificate is for) -- hosting setup – select certificate to be used… done deal!

I did consider buying networksolution’s certificate but since their certificate obstruct my browser to purchase it, I got the thawte 123.

see http://www.ustnt.com/01
 
Oh forgot to mention that I have freeBSD version of Plesk. Also, I’m ready to see how the free certificates works for other websites I have on that server.

Any idea where/what should I try for a free certificate?

Thanks to all
 
Well, what I had to do to fix this was install the certificate from the SERVER certificates. I originally installed it from the CERTIFICATE option as the domain administrator. For some reason, that one wasn't working. As soon as I put the certificate in from the SERVER level certificate icon, it worked.

If one of our customers wants to install a certificate for their domain (dedicated IP), am I to assume that they will not be able to?

- Anthony
 
Back
Top