• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Default certificate still being used - why?

A

adunleavy

I have setup a certificate on a domain with a dedicated IP. When I go into the SETUP for that doain, it shows that it is using the new certificate I have installed.

However, when I go to the site from a browser, it still uses the default PLESK certificate.

I have power-cycled the server 3 times thinking that perhaps it needed a reboot.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Plesk 7.5.3 / Fedora 2

Thanks -

Anthony

Thawte 123 certificate

Just installed Thawte 123 certificate. The only little problem I had was that I forgot to select on the domain what certificate should be used.

So, the steps are:
Install certificate at the server level via Plesk
Then select domain name (the certificate is for) -- hosting setup – select certificate to be used… done deal!

I did consider buying networksolution’s certificate but since their certificate obstruct my browser to purchase it, I got the thawte 123.

see http://www.ustnt.com/01

Oh forgot to mention that I have freeBSD version of Plesk. Also, I’m ready to see how the free certificates works for other websites I have on that server.

Any idea where/what should I try for a free certificate?

Thanks to all

Well, what I had to do to fix this was install the certificate from the SERVER certificates. I originally installed it from the CERTIFICATE option as the domain administrator. For some reason, that one wasn't working. As soon as I put the certificate in from the SERVER level certificate icon, it worked.

If one of our customers wants to install a certificate for their domain (dedicated IP), am I to assume that they will not be able to?

- Anthony

Back