• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Default Data for Sendmail

Andrew_Pa

Regular Pleskian
Can somebody write the default data has the sendmail file (/usr/sbin/sendmail)

Because mine is empty and I don't know, if I did something or not...

I am using postfix.

Thank you very much!

# ll /usr/sbin/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 Feb 5 01:10 /usr/sbin/sendmail -> /etc/alternatives/mta

It is symlink. In case of Qmail MTA:

# ll /etc/alternatives/mta
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 23 Feb 5 01:10 /etc/alternatives/mta -> /var/qmail/bin/sendmail

So I am input this line and I am OK?
# ll /usr/sbin/sendmail
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 Feb 5 01:10 /usr/sbin/sendmail -> /etc/alternatives/mta

Thank you Igor!

Last edited:
What do you mean "insert it too"? Insert to what?
For Postfix symlink should be:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Nov 28 08:46 /etc/alternatives/mta -> /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix

Thank you Igor and sorry for the questions. I edited before my message, so the confuse.

Tell me if I understand correct.

Inside the /usr/sbin/sendmail , I will input this
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Nov 28 08:46 /etc/alternatives/mta -> /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix

Sorry again and thank you for your help!

Thank you Igor and sorry for the questions. I edited before my message, so the confuse.

Tell me if I understand correct.

Inside the /usr/sbin/sendmail , I will input this

Sorry again and thank you for your help!

No, you should not put anything inside /usr/sbin/sendmail. I do not understand for what you need to do it? Once again, in Plesk, file /usr/sbin/sendmail is just symbolic link to other file. It is base knowledge of Unix. Contact Support Team if you are not familiar with Linux or ask help of any Linux administrator.

Thank you very much Igor.

It's clear now. Everything is fine. The symbolic links are correct.

Thank you very much for your time and sorry for asking so many questions!

Back