• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Default Directories

L

lancer28a

I never thought I would have to ask this but after 3 days of troubleshooting, I can't figure it out.

why does Plesk 6.5.2 do this?

A client tries to access his or her domain via MS FrontPage and finds themselves in the default htdocs directory.

Should'nt this program be creating a map to their own directories? Or should I be creating them myself in the httpd.conf as virtual directories like in the Linux Version...

I tried transfering a site from one server to another via FrontPage and watched it load the site into the default htdocs folder rather than the clients httpdocs folder.

Anyone know of a fix?

How are you accessing the site?

We run and support multiple 6.5.2 servers and haven't seen this issue yet nor heard about it from our clients.

ddreams

Do you allow your customers to access their sites via FTP?

If so, do they see the root directory with all the site names that your hosting?

Yes, we allow all our customers to use FTP and so do the customers we support running Plesk servers. That is a basic concept of hosting.

And no, our customers are dropped in there root dir for there domain.

After some thought on this, I would bet the problem lies in the users homedir. YOu can check this under user manager.

thanks for the reply ddreams ...

homedir? Are you talking about on the Client end or under Plesk?

I'm new to plesk so maybe I'm missing something... I'll keep digging and see what I can find...

Do you run 2003?
Are you using IIS FTP?
If so did you create the ftp site with Isolate on?

It sounds like you've read my post regarding my problem where if I turn isolate on nobody can connect due to problem with the root directory.. but if I create an ftp site with it off.. everybody can see root folder with other customers folders (although you can't access inside the folder due to permissions set).

Back