• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved default login credentials

Jude Lobo

New Pleskian
OK let me preface this by saying that this is my first time programming a website and i have a very basic grasp on domains and plesk in general so bear with me.

I just purchased a domain and hosting, now when i go to the domain I'm getting the "Domain default page",
which has this in the body :

If you are seeing this message, the website for example.com is not available at this time.
If you are the owner of this website, one of the following things may be occurring:

• You have not put any content on your website.
  • Your provider has suspended this page.
Please login to example.com:8443 to receive instructions on setting up your website.

I haven't received any credentials from the hosting side, and when i try to use the default user: "admin" and password: "setup", i can't seem to login.

I believe that this is due to me not actually putting anything on the website, but what I want to ask is that if i do add content, will it then ask me for these credentials or is this just for plesk, and the plesk control panel?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi Jude Lobo,

I just purchased a domain and hosting
WHERE did you purchase?

when i try to use the default user: "admin" and password: "setup", i can't seem to login
If you purchased your Plesk version over a server/hosting provider, pls. contact the server/hosting provider or have a look at THEIR control panel ( as they mostly provide these informations there. ;) )

The situation that you see:
Domain default page
... is certainly based on the fact, that you didn't upload/install content to your webspace. You will never be asked for a username/password, if you visit your FQDN, unless you setup password protection there on your own.

is this just for plesk, and the plesk control panel
Correct, ONLY at URLs, where "...:8443" is included, you will be asked for login credentials, which are related to the Plesk Control Panel.

As you are fairly new with Plesk, pls. consider to visit:

... to inform yourself with the official Plesk documentations about the Plesk usage.

Hi Jude Lobo,

WHERE did you purchase?

If you purchased your Plesk version over a server/hosting provider, pls. contact the server/hosting provider or have a look at THEIR control panel ( as they mostly provide these informations there. ;) )

The situation that you see:

... is certainly based on the fact, that you didn't upload/install content to your webspace. You will never be asked for a username/password, if you visit your FQDN, unless you setup password protection there on your own.

Correct, ONLY at URLs, where "...:8443" is included, you will be asked for login credentials, which are related to the Plesk Control Panel.

As you are fairly new with Plesk, pls. consider to visit:

... to inform yourself with the official Plesk documentations about the Plesk usage.
Thanks for the detailed answer, I was just worried about the login, but your reply cleared that up for me.

Back