• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Default pages

S

smconsult

OK, I took the plunge with Plesk, and installed it on a new server. I was running IIS 6 on a Win2003 server, but I like the management features of Plesk. Makes it easier for me to resell my services.

So I'm still learning all of the nuances, and there's one I'm stumped on.

How do I tell Plesk to use a list of default pages? It seems like it's only looking for index.html, and some of my clients use default.htm or default.html - and Plesk doesn't seem to be picking those up.

Where would I go to make sure this is set right?

Sean

Open the httpd.conf file in /etc/httpd/conf

and look for the line that starts with DirectoryIndex. Add default.htm to the end of the line like this:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml index.php index.php3 default.html default.htm

Then using browser go into Plesk/server/services managment and restart webserver (apache)

-Ali

Plesk for Windows does NOT use apache!... Only the Plesk Control Panel runs in Apache. All your cliet websites run in IIS 6.

What you need to do is go into ghe IIS server and right click on the domain you wish to change. There is a tab called "Documents" that's where you change the order or add additional file types... Also you can right click on the "Websites" tab and change the default... Actually I don't think you need to change anything at all since default.htm is already in the list.

Default.htm is already included in the list but it will follow the list in the order they are listed... Most likely you have an index.htm or index.html file you need to delete for your clients site to pick up the default.htm. Remember when you first create a domain in plesk it creates an index.htm file. Tell your client to remove that file first... After that it should all work fine!...

Hope this helps!
Ricardo...

Oops! I posted in the wrong section... windows instead of linux.

Someone keep me away from computers!!

Thanks, softpac2000... I was dazzled by Plesk, didn't at first realize that IIS was still somewhat in control. Did as you suggested, and sure enough - there it is. Just like before when I was running IIS without Plesk. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

Sean

Back