• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Default Website Showing Despite Repair Attempts

Dan Hammer

New Pleskian
I am running Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 on CentOS 7.6.1810

I had a website that had been deactivated and today I reactivated it in an attempt to test software updates on it. When it was restored it was on a shared IP address. I moved it to a dedicated IP address so I could directly access it by IP. I tried to load the page and it would show the default website instead of the website associated with the account I had reactivated.

I have tried changing IP addresses, deactivating and reactivating again. I've changed the web root folder and added a test page to it. I have used "plesk repair web <account domain name>". I have tried "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain <account domain name>" but nothing changes the fact that the default page shows up. The other website on the server works just fine. It is just this one that won't show the correct page.

Any ideas what I might be able to do to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I would like to add that I checked the vhost config file for this account and it points to the correct location.

Last edited:
After loads of experimenting, I found the solution. I went to Tools & Settings -> IP Addresses. I clicked the IP address I was having a problem with. The default site was set to None. I selected the correct site and clicked "Ok" . That alone did not fix the problem. After that I ran "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain <account domain name>" and "plesk repair web <account domain name>" I'm not sure which of the last 2 commands fixed it. I THINK I had tested the domain after the first command and it didn't work and that is why I ran the second command. In any case, I can access the website again.

Back