• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Delete database user failed

P

Peter Johansson

I'm using Plesk 9.3 with SQL Server 2008 web edition. Creating a blank database and database users is not an issue. Deleting newly created blank databases and database user works as well. However, after importing data to a blank database (from the older sql server 2005 using the import data wizard in SQL Server Management Studio) I can neither delete the database in plesk nor delete a database user created in Plesk. I'm receiving the following error:

Delete database user failed: Object 'rewerwer.insec_users' does not exist or is not a valid object for this operation.
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: DatabaseManagerMSSQL.php:52
DatabaseManagerMSSQL->dropUserImpl(string 'rewerwer', string 'draft-it-db')
1: DatabaseManager.php:203
DatabaseManager->deleteUser(object of type dbUser)
2: class.DataBaseUsersList.php:145
DataBaseUsersList->remove(array)
3: db_edit.php3:101

Does anyone have a clue why this is happening? Is there a solution to this problem?

Best regards,

Peter

I managed to solve the issue by deleting the database in SQL Server Management Studio and then re-adding it with the same name, having SA as the database owner. Not exactly sure why the error occured, but now it works.

Back