• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved WPTK on Plesk 18.0.46 Linux: Clone of Wordpress fails: ERROR 1142 (42000) TRIGGER command denied to user

ArmReu

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi everyone,

I am trying to clone a wordpress installation within Wordpress Toolkit 5.12.3-6596 (pro version) on on Plesk 18.0.46 Linux. I am cloning into a blank subdomain.

• Cloning starts normaly
  • Copying files without errors
  • Copying database fails with ERROR 1142 (42000) stating a line in the sql dump thats created during cloning process.
  • Error says further: "TRIGGER command denied to user 'wp_alkud'@'localhost' for table 'W652Mk_comments'"
  • When checking the line in an individual sql dump I see this:
    /*!50003 CREATE*/ /* 50017 DEFINER=`wp_22wsj`@`%`*/ /*!50003 TRIGGER `after_insert_comment` AFTER INSERT ON `wp_wsj22`.`W652Mk_comments`
I understand this part prevents WPTK from fully cloning the database. My question is: How to I fix it?

As the dump, the new database and the new database user are created for every cloning process I can not adjust the user permissions "on the fly". And after the clone process failed it is already to late as "re-cloning" will create a new user again.

So I was wondering if there is any way to remove the problematic DEFINER-stuff from within phpmyadmin.

Help would be highly appreciated.

Kindest regards

Armin

Update: I found out where and how to drop the trigger in phpmyadmin. What I am wondering now is if it is safe to just drop it.

I have a cloned version of the website (not using WPTK) and checking the database there the trigger doesn't exist.

The trigger is assosiated to a necessary yet empty table anyway, so I am guessing it is of no or no more use at all.

So this makes me optimistiv droping the trigger will not break wordpress ... just trying to make sure, that's why I ask...

Kindest regards

Armin

I dropped the trigger within phpmyadmin. Turned out it was a fragment of an old malware infection.

Dropping it did not effect wordpress in any way. So all good now. Question can be closed.

Back