• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Delete Plesk Setup Files

tupeu

Basic Pleskian
Hi, i`m running a little low on space on my VPS and i need to clean it up a little so i saw this folder in my root directory called PSA_9.2.2 which is pretty big so i wonder if i can safely delete it without harming the Plesk functionality!?

Where is Plesk installed actually, in other words what files of Plesk should not be deleted and which can be safely deleted?
10x

psa.png

Last edited:
Hello,

Plesk temporary files are stored in /usr/local/psa/tmp drectory. We do not recommend to clean the whole content:
for instance directory /usr/local/psa/tmp/app-data.d is used by site applications that have license bound to hardware.

You can also check the following directories:

# /usr/local/psa/PMM/ - Parallels Plesk Panel (PP) Migration Manager logs and dumps
# /var/lib/psa/ - PP dumps

Feel free to remove old dump files.

So can i remove the root/psa/PSA-9.2.2 directory safely ?

And if you can please tell me where does the files downloaded with YUM install and YUM update are stored because i wanted to install something 3rd party software but some dependencies are missing so it didnt install but the files downloaded are still there and i want to delete them

10x

/root/PSA is the distribution folder only. Once Plesk is installed - you can remove it.

Unfortunately no idea about yum temporaries path...

Hello,

Yes, you can remove root/psa/PSA-9.2.2 directory unless you need a Parallels Plesk Panel distributive on your hard drive.

Yum keeps downloaded packages in the cache permanently (in case it is needed later). To empty it do "yum clean packages".

Regards,
Denis.

Also using the du -hs command i noticed the huge size of a totally unusefull directory: /usr/local/psa/var/cgitory which is over 1GB full with site software like vivvocms, wordpress or xoops ...unfortunately i cant use this software because my Plesk license dont allow it so i have deleted them

Back