• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Delete SNI certificate

netwa

New Pleskian
Hello,
I installed a certificate on a customer account for using this with SNI. My customer uses Internet Explorer 7 on Windows XP, so SNI doesn't work. I decided to order a new IP and installing the certificate on the plesk admin and to bind it directly on the IP. Now I have the problem, that I can't delete the certificate in the customer area and I can't install the certificate twice, because I need the same name (domain name) for working correct.
How can I remove the certificate in the customer pane? It say that it can not be removed because there is a binding to a domain. I can't remove the certificate form the domain, because there is no option for that or I do not find it.
Can anyone help? Newest version of Plesk Panel running on CentOS.
Alex

Last edited:
I removed the certificate in the psa database. I deleted the row in the table certificates. Now everthing works perfekt, but now I have an empty certificate row on the domain certificates settings in the users area.
Should I also do this:
"Then in the table "domains" in the column "cert_rep_id" for the domain from which I removed the certificate changed the value from 3 to 0. "
"cert_rep_id" is used for? Or what is the next step?

I'm guessing that there's a table somewhere that has a cert_rep_id and a location. So cert_rep_id of 3 pointed to where the certificate files for the certificate you deleted were located.

So I'm also guessing that if you set it to 0, it means "none" and the empy line will disappear.

In other words, yes, I think you need to change it to 0 just as ZbyszekL did. However, we are on dangrous ground here. I never like fiddling with Plesk's own databases if I can help it. I'd make a backup before you proceed. You might also like to send a PM (or email if it is public in his profile) to ZbyszekL asking for advice.

Also remember that you need to restart Plesk. And take note of what he says at the end:

I've also uncheck the option "SSL Support" in the panel to rebuild Apache configuration file. Otherwise when you reboot apache will not start.

I set cert_rep_id to 0. Other options weren't nessesary. I restarted apache and there was no error. Maybe I unchecked it during my work. thx

Back