• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Delete zones after "rndc delzone" command Slave DNS Manager

electricd7

New Pleskian
Hello-

I have my setup working correctly with 3 CentOS Plesk Onyx servers and Slave DNS Manager creating zones on my external CentOS7 BIND servers (these DNS servers do not run plesk, just standalone BIND9). This works well and zones are created and updated correctly. The issue is when I delete a site in Plesk and the "rndc -delzone" command is fired at my slave servers. The zone is correctly removed from the 3bf305731dd26307.nzf file on these servers and the servers stop resolving DNS queries for the given zone, but the underlying zone file in /var/named isn't removed. So eventually my DNS servers will be full of junk zone files that aren't necessary anymore for any site I delete from plesk. I understand that this behavior has been corrected in BIND 9.10 using the "rndc delzone -clean" switch which will remove the zone from the 3bf305731dd26307.nzf file AND delete the corresponding zone file from the slave servers. Is there a way to make Slave DNS Manager use the "-clean" switch on the delzone commands? This would be a very easy fix for my issue.

ED7

Back