• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Deny access to webmail

grignacarbo

New Pleskian
hello all sorry for the bad English, for my domain I have a problem to access webmail despite using the correct login information, on the same server I have other domains that work well. I checked the DNS and everything is set up correctly, can depend on what?

Do you use Horde or Roundcube webmail? Check related errors in their log files

/var/log/psa-horde/psa-horde.log
/var/log/plesk-roundcube/errors

hello use horde, the error logs show me messages like this: Nov 19 17:31:04 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN for [email protected] [95.242.51.180] to {127.0.0.1:143 [imap/notls]} [pid 18823 on line 139 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

hello use horde, the error logs show me messages like this: Nov 19 17:31:04 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN for [email protected] [95.242.51.180] to {127.0.0.1:143 [imap/notls]} [pid 18823 on line 139 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

I think I have the same issue. I'm using the management (PPA) node for webmail. But authentication fails.

That troubleshooting guide, in post #5, seems to be referring to Plesk Panel, not the PPA node. The mailhost is on a Linux plesk node, I'm hoping the PPA node can do things centrally if we ever add further nodes to our system.

I fail at the first point on the PPA node.
I see accounts on the Plesk node and things seem to work fine.
I am speculating that the setup on the PPA node will look at all the mail hosts and try to find the domain on the appropriate node.

Could someone confirm what the proper setup is. I'm presuming either the webmail system isn't registered with the mail host, or alternatively the mailhost is not registered with ppa (or at least the webmail section).

I've run through the guides and searched the KB but cannot find anything that specifically sets up the webmail, other than if we are adding a standalone webmail server which requires a further license.

Hi grignacarbo,

can you confirm to get access via POP3/IMAP from any machine? Or isn't that work either?

[qoute=ChristianCh]
I think I have the same issue. I'm using the management (PPA) node for webmail. But authentication fails.

That troubleshooting guide, in post #5, seems to be referring to Plesk Panel, not the PPA node. The mailhost is on a Linux plesk node, I'm hoping the PPA node can do things centrally if we ever add further nodes to our system.

I fail at the first point on the PPA node.
I see accounts on the Plesk node and things seem to work fine.
I am speculating that the setup on the PPA node will look at all the mail hosts and try to find the domain on the appropriate node.

Could someone confirm what the proper setup is. I'm presuming either the webmail system isn't registered with the mail host, or alternatively the mailhost is not registered with ppa (or at least the webmail section).

I've run through the guides and searched the KB but cannot find anything that specifically sets up the webmail, other than if we are adding a standalone webmail server which requires a further license.[/quote]

Hi ChristianCh,

you don't have to apply another license for the webmail node in a PPA system. Can you confirm, that the machines (webmail & mail node) can communicate on the required ports?
Did you gave tcpdump a try to see, if the packages are directed correctly and recieved correctly?

If you need further assistance, give me a PM.

Back