• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Design editing: UI controls vs direct HTML/CSS edits

Which design editing options do you & your customers need?

• We need both UI controls and direct HTML/CSS editing

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • We need only UI controls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We need only direct HTML/CSS editing

• We don't need either option

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It's complicated... [please explain in comments]

• Total voters

custer

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Has anyone tried Web Presence Builder 12 preview that's available in the latest Plesk 12 preview? We're interested in hearing your feedback. Don’t hesitate to try it out and please let us know what you think!

One particular question we're interested in is about the current balance of design editing.

As can be seen in the preview, WPB 12 adds a lot of design customization possibilities -- ability to set margins, paddings, shadows, corner rounding and background (including its transparency) for individual modules, and items in the navigation menu. This required us to add UI controls for managing these things so that end-customers can change them to fit their needs.

The question is, do you think you and your end-customers will need these UI controls? Would you prefer having the ability for direct HTML/CSS editing? What about having both direct HTML/CSS editing and UI controls? If you need both, which one is more important? Please share your thoughts as we're trying to understand how important is this for you and your end-customers.

I really like the UI controls. Very good!

Still I voted to have both options, because I still think that there are some website developers who prefer HTML/CSS-editing. For a basic user UI controls are excellent.

Even a better thing btw. is the thing that you now need to click for the module to be visible on all pages. We have had a lot of tickets from people who have accidently moved a module so that it can be seen on all pages. This will resolve that I think.

I like the new way of work. It is better, give more control to end user (those who does not know HTML or CSS). But forms need impruve. It should be able to use custom PHP file to handle it.
Thanks for let us feedback about the development of the product.

Regards.

I like the new way of work. It is better, give more control to end user (those who does not know HTML or CSS). But forms need impruve. It should be able to use custom PHP file to handle it.
Thanks for let us feedback about the development of the product.

Regards.

Thank you very much for letting us preview version 12.

The new UI controls are nice, especially for novice users.

What I like to be changed:

• The two buttons "Show styles" and "Show settings" are confusing. Could you merge them to one button (e.g. "Show Tools") and make the styles accessible through a "styles" button within the toolbar?
  • Less or no gradient in the blue/green module borders

...and with lower priority:

• For margin, padding and corners: A button to sync the four values
  • A feature to save and reuse a style => generating CSS classes, see below

The controls are nice if you want to change the look of an individual module.

I would like a way to define style classes in the Design section and a control to apply such a defined class to whichever module needs that style. An advanced user like a designer could then define the styles which their customers could simply choose from. It increases productivity if you want to apply the style to several modules or pages.

Advanced users continue to need the current HTML and CSS code editing features to realise design requirements which are beyond WPB UI's capabilities. Proposal:
  • Make the metadata field resizable in Settings > Advanced.

Last edited:
Back