• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Developer user accounts

Miguel Santana

New Pleskian
I represent a digital marketing agency. We also do custom website design and hosting for our clients on our plesk server.

What I am trying to accomplish is to create a user account for one of our developers that has access to all of our client website files via SFTP (or even FTPS), without giving them administrator privileges or access to the server filesystem

That is an interesting idea that I had thought of before, and could be a worst case senario options.

However, we have multiple developers, ideally each would have their own login credentials to access the server for security reasons. Unfortunately it does not look like reseller accounts can have multiple user accounts to manage the customers.

It would be awesome if Plesk would integrate developer accounts !

Currently you are only able to use the customer accounts to manage it. But the idea of developer accounts is currently not fully possible with Plesk.

I also really like the idea to get SFTP support for these accounts - we really need it.

I have created a reseller account, but I am unable to log in using SFTP or SSH, even though I have allowed 'Management of access to the server over SSH' in the reseller permissions. Any tips?

A reseller account would grant less permissions about the server, so you don't need to give them full administrator privileges.
But yes - we really need "developer accounts" in Plesk. :)

Back