• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Diagnose & Repair: Errors, "but" showing "file system 0 issues detected"

Servus

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
since last update 18.0.32 (perhaps already .31) I get the following error according to plesk file system:

The operation failed with the following error: {"id":1,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking Linux system files","level":0} {"id":2,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"error","message":"There are incorrect permissions on some items: \/var\/log\/plesk","level":1} {"id":3,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"error","message":"There are incorrect permissions on some items: \/var\/www\/vhosts","level":1} {"id":4,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking virtual hosts' file system","level":0} {"id":4,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"success","message":"Checking virtual hosts' file system","level":0}

The issues are related to Plesk file system. By selecting "Repair All" the issues are not solved.
Perhaps they are false positive?

What can I do now, please? I would do it manual (e.g. editing permissions by myself) but therefor it is important to know the correct permissions and/or ownerships.
Watch the screens for more details.
Thanks for help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-12-17 Plesk Obsidian 18 0 32.png
    Screenshot_2020-12-17 Plesk Obsidian 18 0 32.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Directory plesk permissions + ownerships.jpg
    Directory plesk permissions + ownerships.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
No, it's an Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.0-128-generic x86_64).
Interesting , then Ubuntu could also be placed to the group of known bugs.

No, it's an Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.15.0-128-generic x86_64).
Interesting , then Ubuntu could also be placed to the group of known bugs.
See above post which arrived just before this one :) and then FWIW we've run Plesk / Ubuntu 18.04 since 18.04.1 (but we'll be migrating to 20.04 LTS this weekend!) and we've never had permission issues on Plesk files (unless there was a Plesk bug, which was fixed very quickly). Your image shows issues within /www/vhosts/ as well as /var/log plesk and that's an area that we have seen permision errors in the root directory, of say ~/www/vhosts/example.com. We've always used CLI to resolve these >> Plesk Repair Utility: File System and/or then --verbose to see the details (like shown in the example below) and/or then examining those files to be 100% sure before correction via # ls -la & then # getfacl filename and # chown #chgrp etc if when needed.
plesk repair fs example.com
There are incorrect permissions on some items in the root directory
of the domain 'example.com' ....................................... [ERROR]
To see more details, run the command in the verbose mode: plesk repair fs -verbose
Do you want to repair incorrect permissions? [Y/n] y
Repairing incorrect permissions ................................. [FIXED]
Error messages: 1; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved:

Thanks for the help of all of you.
It was difficult, but I solved it over Plesk panel. Since years I used plesk repair all -n/-verbose/-y. It solved some items, but not all. A endless loop was running, repairing, but unsuccessful. Sometimes, especially in Plesk, it's a good idea to wait until all sessions are closed (remember the magic "...is busy").
So, I walked in the woods with my dog for an hour.
Then I tried to do the job over Plesk Panel, only by chance, and for the reason don't know what to do next/searching tons of support and internet help.
I was totally surprised that it worked only by clicking repair in Plesk Panel.
Have to mention, that few hours before this didn't worked.
Here we are:
Screenshot_2020-12-17 Plesk Obsidian 18 0 32.png

Thanks again
Wish you all the best, my beloved Plesk friends!

Last edited:
The example path is "/ var / www / vhosts / site_name / httpdocs" by accessing the directory where your site is located via FTP or SHH with the root user. If you change or add files with the root user, you will get this error.

Error solution backup and delete existing files with root user. Then log in with the user of your site to restore the files you deleted. The problem will be resolved.

FTP üzerinden veya SHH üzerinden sitenizin bulunduğu dizine root kullanıcısıyla ulaşarak, örnek yol "/var/www/vhosts/site_name/httpdocs" burada root kullanıcı ile dosyaları değiştirir veya dosya eklerseniz bu hatayı alırsınız.

Hata çözümü mevcut dosyaları root kullanıcı ile yedekleyin ve silin. Daha sonra sitenizin kullanıcısı ile oturum açın sildiğiniz dosyaları geri yükleyin. Sorun çözülecektir.

Back