• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Ubuntu 22/Plesk Obsidian: "There are incorrect permissions on some items: \/var\/lock","level":1}"

GerdSchrewe

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.45
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, Plesk 18.45
Contabo V-Server with a few Wordpress und Typo3 installations.
Everything works fine, but during "Plesk diagnosis and repair" i get the following error message:

Der Vorgang ist fehlgeschlagen. Fehlermeldung: {"id":1,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking Linux system files","level":0} {"id":2,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"error","message":"There are incorrect permissions on some items: \/var\/lock","level":1} {"id":3,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"progress","message":"Checking virtual hosts' file system","level":0} {"id":3,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -n","type":"success","message":"Checking virtual hosts' file system","level":0}

When i try to repair, i get:

Der Vorgang ist fehlgeschlagen. Fehlermeldung: {"id":1,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -y","type":"progress","message":"Checking Linux system files","level":0} {"id":2,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -y","type":"error","message":"There are incorrect permissions on some items: \/var\/lock","level":1} {"id":3,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -y","type":"progress","message":"Repairing incorrect permissions","level":2} {"id":3,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -y","type":"failed","message":"Repairing incorrect permissions","level":2} {"id":3,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -y","type":"failed","message":"Repairing incorrect permissions","level":2,"details":"fsmng failed: ERROR:Cannot fix %s: file exists and it is not a\nsymlink\n"} {"id":4,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -y","type":"progress","message":"Checking virtual hosts' file system","level":0} {"id":4,"cmd":"plesk repair fs -y","type":"success","message":"Checking virtual hosts' file system","level":0}

Just ignore it or any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks a lot!

Have you seen this article?

Thank you very much.
Yes I've read the article but the error message is a little different than mine.
Do you think the way suggested in the article would still work.
I am not very familiar with SSH commands and therefore always very careful.

Can you try to run this command on the command line?

plesk repair fs -v

You should run it as root.

It doesn't do much except give you a better overview of the issue. The error message in the GUI is hard to read.

Can you try to run this command on the command line?

plesk repair fs -v

You should run it as root.

It doesn't do much except give you a better overview of the issue. The error message in the GUI is hard to read.
root@server2:~# plesk repair fs -v
Checking Linux system files

There are incorrect permissions on some items: /var/lock .......... [ERROR]
- Incorrect permissions on /var/lock. Expected: one of 0777.
Actual: 01777.
Incorrect type of /var/lock. Expected: symlink. Actual:
directory
Do you want to repair incorrect permissions? [Y/n] n

Checking virtual hosts' file system ................................. [OK]

Error messages: 1; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0

That's much easier to read than the message in the GUI.

If you follow the support article I mentioned above, you should be able to fix this.

root@server2:~# plesk repair fs -v
Checking Linux system files

There are incorrect permissions on some items: /var/lock .......... [ERROR]
- Incorrect permissions on /var/lock. Expected: one of 0777.
Actual: 01777.
Incorrect type of /var/lock. Expected: symlink. Actual:
directory
Do you want to repair incorrect permissions? [Y/n] n

Checking virtual hosts' file system ................................. [OK]

Error messages: 1; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0

That's much easier to read than the message in the GUI.

If you follow the support article I mentioned above, you should be able to fix this.
Thank you very much! You were spot on with the link to the article.

Back