• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Different php versions in Plesk php settings and php -v in one directory

straddi

Basic Pleskian
I ran sudo update-alternatives --config php in the root directory. It is set to auto mode, php -v results in 8.0.3.

7.3.31 is set in plesk Websites & Domains> PHP Settings> PHP support (PHP version). The query via the link next to phpinfo () also shows 7.3.31.

I go over putty on the server in the appropriate directory but php -v shows that version 8.0.3 is running.

That also seems to be true, since error messages appear, since the scripts only under 7.3. to run.

Can one of you tell me where the error is and how I can get the version set in Plesk to run in this directory?

Thanks very much

Greetings Straddi

One possible solution could be to run the PHP script with one of the available Plesk PHP binaries, e.g.

/opt/plesk/php/<php version>/bin/php <path and name of your script>
/opt/plesk/php/7.3/bin/php /home/myscript.php

Many thanks for the answer,

I would like to run the whole directory so ... www / vhosts / domain under a certain php version. So actually like I set it up in Plesk under Websites & Domains> PHP Settings> PHP support (PHP version). But obviously the attitude is being ignored. The program on the domain only runs under php7.3. As I said, this is also set in Plesk. If the php version that is output under sudo update-alternatives --config php is higher than 7.3, it looks like the version set in Plesk (7.3) is ignored and the program no longer runs.

How are you running your scripts? The Plesk setting is only for scripts run by the webserver (which obviously works if phpinfo shows the correct version), not for cronjobs and shell. Also, what Peter said.

Back