• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Digital Ocean | DNS still seeing deleted Plesk account on DNS Propagation

Webpapi

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Plesk Obsidian on Ubuntu on Digital Ocean Droplet
Plesk version and microupdate number
I recently created a Plesk account and moved a domain onto it. I realized this domain was not the correct one to bring in after the fact and it brought it all DNS records onto the new created account (Say IP: 123.12.12.111). I quickly realized the issue and deleted the DNS and and Plesk account for this account since it removed the DNS records from the original (Cloudflare) location. Attempted to recreate the DNS records and it propagated within a day or so but most propagation happen more immediate.

The issue is that about 50% of the DNS locations aren't propagating to the previously set DNS and still reading 123.12.12.111. (old deleted Plesk account). Any suggestions on how to force the DNS (now managed back on cloudflare on DigitalOcean) to read the previous IP? I've set the TTL to the lowest amount and used the Cloudflare Cache tool online and purged, nothing yet.

This cannot be done, because the routers that are owned by all the different data centers and access providers update their routing table from the root zones at their own pace. You can "ask" them to please update them frequently according to the TTL, but if your TTL was previously high, that's what they know, and until they do their next update they consider the TTL that they got from the previous update, not the one you are asking them to use now. Besides, TTL is a suggestion for the routers, it is not binding.

Very respectable response. I’ve learned something today. If you configure a new account in plesk, the default is set to 86400 so it took this long to resolve dns propagation.

That said, the issue was resolved. However, I also learned that “security trails” exists to gather dns records that were lost during the accidental migration.

Thanks Peter.

Back