• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved DirectoryIndex default value settings

Simpleweb

New Pleskian
Hello to all,
i have problem after the upgrade to Onyx.

For every domain or subdomains i have always to manually modify the DirectoryIndex directive to index.php index.html otherwise i can't see the index of the site automatically.

It's possibile to change it and set a default value for this directive so every new domain or subdomain is correctly configured at start?

Thanks

Hi Simpleweb,

you have the choice to define "custom" Index files for each of your domains at "HOME > Subscriptions > YOUR-DOMAIN.COM > Apache & nginx Settings"

Yes I know but I can define a default value for all future domains and subdomains without customize every new domain I made?

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi Simpleweb,

with Plesk installed on your server, you have the choice to use "Event Handlers", which are able to trigger additional commands, when a unique event has been processed.

Example:
Pls. choose a new "Event Handler" with the preconfigured event "Domain created" and choose an additional command as for example:

Code:
plesk bin subscription --update-web-server-settings <new_domain_name> -apache-directory-index 'index.php index.html'

For further informations and Plesk command line options, pls. consider to read:

Hi Simpleweb,
Code:
plesk bin subscription --update-web-server-settings <new_domain_name> -apache-directory-index 'index.php index.html'

It's possibile to have this rule working for every new domain and subdomains without adding a condition for every domain/subdomain?

Thanks

Hi Simpleweb,

It's possibile to have this rule working for every new domain and subdomains without adding a condition for every domain/subdomain?
Pls. note, that "<new_domain_name>" is not a placeholder I choosed, it is a parameter option, where "<new_domain_name>" will get passed over from the event "domain created". ;)

... and for "subdomains", pls. consider to go to "HOME > Tools & Settings > Event Manager", click on "Add Event Handler" and use the dropdown - list to view all preconfigured events. ;)

Pls. note, that you are able to see the documentation about possible parameters passed by the Plesk event handler at for example:

Hi Simpleweb,

Pls. note, that "<new_domain_name>" is not a placeholder I choosed, it is a parameter option, where "<new_domain_name>" will get passed over from the event "domain created". ;)

... and for "subdomains", pls. consider to go to "HOME > Tools & Settings > Event Manager", click on "Add Event Handler" and use the dropdown - list to view all preconfigured events. ;)

Pls. note, that you are able to see the documentation about possible parameters passed by the Plesk event handler at for example:

Thanks.
I have added this string as in image but no luck creating new subdomain.
Thanks for support

Attachments

• Schizzo.png
    Schizzo.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 4
Hi Simpleweb,

pls try as well to use
Code:
${NEW_DOMAIN_NAME}
or
Code:
${NEW_SUBDOMAIN_NAME}

instead of "<new_domain_name>" or/and "<new_subdomain_name>". The documentation(s) need a bit of improvement here. :)

It's the same here.
At creation of new subdomain, Index files option reamins on Default.

I have added this string

Code:
plesk bin subscription --update-web-server-settings ${NEW_SUBDOMAIN_NAME} -apache-directory-index 'index.php index.html'

Last edited:
Hi Simpleweb,

did you consider to inspect the "Plesk Control Panel - log - files" for further investigations?

Sometimes, it is as well a good idea to change the log - level ( TEMPORARILY! ), to get more informations in Plesk - log - files:

Well i think i have activated the log but what i have to search? In which files? Now i'm seeing /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log

Thanks for your help!

Back