• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Disable ActivePython and/or ActivePerl

Sylvain

New Pleskian
Hello,

Following the update of my PLESK to the Plesk Onyx version
Version 17.8.11 n ° 35, the following message is present on my administration:
You have ActivePython and/or ActivePerl components installed on your server. Plesk no longer licenses them from ActiveState. To avoid violating the license agreement,

however, I can not disable modules 'ActivePython' and 'and/or ActivePerl' because they are not in my server "Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.".

Can you tell me how to uninstall them in order to install the alternatives later?

Best Regards

Hello,

PLESK version 17.8.11 is already installed on my server.
The last update was made on 12/19/2018.
I do not understand why I can not uninstall these modules as shown in order to install the proposed alternatives.

Hi @Sylvain

I think ActiveState components were installed on your Plesk server on the past. Then they were removed but left useless registry keys in the system. Please check the following registry keys and remove them from the registry:

Start -> Run... -> regedit

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\ActiveState\ActivePerl
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\ActiveState\ActivePython

Then, the warning in Plesk should disappear.

Hello,

I thank you for your return.
I deleted the ActiveState folder (HKLM \ Software \ Wow6432Node \ ActiveState \) completely, but this does not resolve this concern

this warning is still active on PLESK

@Sylvain

Forgot to mention that Plesk does not know about changes in the system. Go to Tools&Settings -> Server Components and click 'Refresh' button. It should help. Also, you can just close the warning as ActiveState is not installed on your server.

Hello,
by updating the list of components on PLESK, I no longer have this message.
By cons, I re-install Python and Perl as indicated in the documentation:
Plesk no longer licenses ActivePython and ActivePerl from ActiveState. How to avoid violation of the license agreement?
"Alternative solutions to replace ActivePython and ActivePerl for Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 only" but these two modules are not present in the listing of applications, I think this is normal?
How to know if they are well installed?

"Alternative solutions to replace ActivePython and ActivePerl for Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 only" but these two modules are not present in the listing of applications, I think this is normal?

Yes, it's normal. For now, Plesk is not officially supported this solution and do not know about installed components.

How to know if they are well installed?

I suppose you can try to host a particular website using alternative Perl/Python (step 8) and review how it works.

Back