• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Disable Auto Backups

D

dieselpower

My plesk is doing backups of every clientes, resellers, domains etc without any limit.
I have no schedules on the resellers/clients/domains to make backups. I could disable the cron to check if there is tasks to execute backups but then it wouldn't be impossible to my clients do schedule their backups (the schedules wouldn't execute).
What i want is to plesk backup only those accounts that the customer sets a schedule to do the backup. Any idea what is causing this? i don't find any option to control this situation (maybe its a bug)

anyone could help me? i'm still having lots of auto backups wasting space :S

my server is getting out of space because of this, so i had to disable schedule backups for all.

backups from just one client:
12 backups total, size: 354 gb

plus backups from the domains and other clients thats a lot of disk space

Why not set how many backups you will store?
I have done that so its only 7 for each domain and 7 for all domains

i have one site that hosts videos, it cant have those "auto backups" bug, i do it other way, i just need to backups schedule to work properly, that means they would only run if they were scheduled, not to run everyday without any schedule set as it's doing

Back