• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disable Awstats, transfer and disk space stats stop to work

SalvadorS

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I diseable AWstats from my 9.2.3 plesk server. I did it because:

* Awstats starts at a fixed hour that we can´t modify.
* Awstats was working arround 8 hours for 300 domains.
* Load of the server was at least 5 points higher when awstats was running.

So I edit /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily and comment this line:

# install_statistics
# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php >/dev/null 2>&1

Since then awstats is not running. The problem is that the transfer and the disk usage of the domains aren´t updated every day.

Questions:

1.- How can I update transfer and disk usage of the domains without running awstats?

2.- Can I run Awstats for a partoicular domain only without running for the whole server?

Wait your answer

Thanks a lot

1. You can't separate transfer, disk usage, etc and awstats statistics. It is hardcoded in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php script.

2. Use 'domain' utility for this purpose:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/domain --help | grep -i awstat
-webstat <none|awstats|webalizer> Web statistic support on domain

As you can see you can disable awstats for particular domains.

Thanks for your quick reply. If I disable awstats for a domain from the domain utility, transfer and disk usage will be updated?

Regards

Thanks for your quick reply. If I disable awstats for a domain from the domain utility, transfer and disk usage will be updated?

Regards

Yes, it will be updated with /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily but you should uncomment line with script.php. Awstats will not be updated for domains with disabled webstat.

Back