• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Disable email forwarding and auto-responders globally...

Rob Taylor

Basic Pleskian
Hi

Does anyone know of a way (official or otherwise) to disable / prevent users setting up email forwarding and auto-responders?

Email forwarding breaks SPF / DKIM and causes a whole host of email deliverability issues when trying to deliver the messages to other providers.

Migrating some users from a very old Plesk server on which you could restrict them to a brand new, up-to-date Plesk Onyx server and cannot see the option anywhere - I have checked all the documentation / support articles.

Thanks
Rob

I am in the last steps to release an extension regarding mail forwarding. It is not about disable forwardings, but I could think about an improvement to realize such a feature. What is bad about auto-reply?

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

I would have preferred this to be just some kind of config change but I am open to options - what it the purpose of your extension Lippoliv?

From past experience auto-responders are also sent in response to spam messages (aka backscatter) which also causes email deliverabiity / reputation issues.

Thanks
Rob

@Rob Taylor my Extension is going to modify the Forwardings-Tab and replace the simple text-area by a set of Inputs. Customers can just modify the user-part of forwardings in that way or -if they have multiple Domains- select one of their Domains wich are configured in their subscription.

I implemented that, as of I had some customers wich forwarded to GMail and as of I had -that time- no perfect SPAM-Filter I got blacklisted on several IPs several times. Also it Looks quiet unserious if I write a mail to [email protected] and get answer from [email protected], Looks like scam. And I Keep to tell that to my customers.

Why I think it would help you: In first place you will directly cut off the possibility to do external forwardings (gmail, ...). Second is (the implementation part) that the admin will be able to configure how many forwardings will be allowed (future Releases). So you could set that to 0 and the forwardings-tab will be gone ;)

That should pretty do what you search for.

I don't think that an auto-Reply to an SPAM-Mail would influence Reputation. I think the forwardings will be the most dangerous part.

Thank you for your input Lippoliv, please update this thread when you release the Extension, I am interested in what changes you're making to the forwarding function.

For anyone else reading this thread in the future I have found a quick / temporary solution to the issue, I have the 'Skins and Color Schemes' extension from Plesk themselves installed which stores it's CSS in the /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/ directory.

I have edited the /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/theme/css/custom.css file and added:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
#form-tab-buttons-item-tab-redirect-button{
display:none;
}

#form-tab-buttons-item-tab-autoResponder-button{
}

...which hides the Forwarding / AutoResponder tabs from view.

This isn't foolproof by any means because the user could just edit the CSS in their browser to display them and it's possible this edit could be overwritten but it does the job for now until I have more time to find a permanent solution.

Thanks
Rob

Thank you for your input Lippoliv, please update this thread when you release the Extension, I am interested in what changes you're making to the forwarding function.

For anyone else reading this thread in the future I have found a quick / temporary solution to the issue, I have the 'Skins and Color Schemes' extension from Plesk themselves installed which stores it's CSS in the /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/ directory.

I have edited the /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/theme/css/custom.css file and added:

#form-tab-buttons-item-tab-redirect-button{
}

#form-tab-buttons-item-tab-autoResponder-button{
}

...which hides the Forwarding / AutoResponder tabs from view.

This isn't foolproof by any means because the user could just edit the CSS in their browser to display them and it's possible this edit could be overwritten but it does the job for now until I have more time to find a permanent solution.

Thanks
Rob
It is released now: Input - New extension in the extensions catalog: Internal Mail-Forwarding only

I will add the configuration of forward-count in tge comming weeks.

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815 mit Tapatalk

Back