• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disable Google Authenticator via CLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric878

New Pleskian
Hi,

I recently upgraded phones and forgot that my google authenticator keys were on my old phone. I am now unable to log in to the Plesk admin panel. I of course still have SSH access. How can I disable the Google Authenticator so I can regain access?

Thanks,
Ricardo

Hi, thanks for the follow up but I don't think that link will help, unless I missed it somewhere. Let me try to explain again. I have The two step verification enabled. For two step I used Google Authentictor which gave me the pass key to log in during two step authentication. The app was on my old phone. I have now switched phones and no longer have a way to enter the pass key when asked for it during login because the random key is on my old phone, which I no longer have.

Sorry, but I do not understand how problem with Google on your phone can be related to Plesk. You can login to Plesk admin interface with admin or root login credentials. With help of mentioned admin utility you can reset admin's password if you forgot it.

Let me try this one more time. I have two step authentication extension enable in Plesk. When I enter my admin username and password in Plesk I am presented with the Google Authenticator verification code prompt. To get the verification code I use the Google Authenticator app on my phone. I no longer have the phone so I cannot get the code and am unable to login to Plesk. Will resetting my password bypass this? I will give it a try.

Ok. Sorry for misunderstanding.
You can try to remove this extension with

# /usr/local/psa/bin/extension -u <name>

Correct name of Google Authenticator extension you can find with

# /usr/local/psa/bin/extension -l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back