• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disable Plesk 7.6 mail password requirements

D

Daniel Clements

While setting up mail accounts I got the following error -

Error:Unable to set password:
The password is incorrect, use from 4 up to 14 characters.The password should not contain mail name as its part.

We are migrating users from other web sites to our server and many their passwords have been set up to contain their usernmae. My boss wants me to disable requirements so that the users can still use their passwords. I'm wondering if this can be done and how to do it.

Thanks

Domain name & Password differnet.

Hello,
user name is different & password is different. I want to say don't give the password same as the username.

for eg.
User Name: test
Password:123456

If u give
User Name:test
Password:test this is wrong

Thanks, but I already know that the error message is telling me to change the password. I didn't need anyone to tell me if I change the password that it will work.

The problem is that we are migrating web sites and email services to another server and the alreay have existing passwords. We would rather disable this security setting that force the users to have to chnage their passwords. I thought that my first post was clear that I wish to disbale the security setting not change the password.

Hello! Could you tell me what you migrate from? Plesk has Migration manager and can automatically migrate infomation from supported platforms.

Thanks.

Back