• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Disable UI links

AaronUH

New Pleskian
I have a question around how to hide certain elements of the Websites & Domains area, PHP is completely disabled as the server will only be for .NET Core so I would like to disable the PHP Settings button as shown in green, how can I do this?

I would also like to remove Database (highlighted in yellow) as this is managed using an external area (due to the lack of MSSQL contained database support)

I would also like to hide the server IP address as again this is useless information as we use Cloudflare

1663059929695.png

Thanks for any help & guidance, it's greatly appreciated

Look at the "Permissions" tab of your Subscription settings. You can restrict many menus there.

Thanks, I've already looked there and disabled everything I can see, however the items above continue to remain

First off, I don't think you can remove/hide the Connection Info. However if you don't have a database configured for a domain in Plesk there will be not be any database info shown on there.

Remove/hiding the PHP settings might not be possible too. However if you're not using any PHP on your server you might try to disable all php handlers on Tools & Settings > PHP Settings to see if that perhaps does what your looking for.

I've done all that.

Would creating a custom theme and then hiding the items with CSS be stable enough, how often would that UI change?

I would say that in general the UI hasn't changed drastically since the last major version update 17.x (Onyx) to 18.x (Obsidian). However Plesk releases updates roughly every month. Which often contains new features and may contain UI tweaks and improvements as well. Come to think of it, some screens/pages have been redesigned quite a bit last few years. So there are definitely some UI changes now and then.

It's hard to say how long a custom theme would last for your use case. I would not consider it a "create and forget" type of project. But you might be good for many months until you might need to do some updates. No guarantees though.

I've done all that.

Would creating a custom theme and then hiding the items with CSS be stable enough, how often would that UI change?

You can hide elements using CSS as described in this article:

This was bugging me, so I gave it another try.

PHP Setting can actually be hidden from the domain card/menu if the following conditions are met:
  • Disable PHP support on the PHP Settings tab for a subscription (or Plan)
  • On the Permissions tab to follow permissions should be disabled:
    • Hosting settings management
    • Common PHP settings management
    • PHP version and handler management
If those options are disabled then only customers won't see the PHP Setting on the the domain card/menu. For admin or reseller users the PHP Setting are always visible.

Schermafbeelding 2022-09-13 182324.png

Hope this is useful to some one.

Back