• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Disc Space Problem

D

datapencil

Hello,

Here is a recent support ticket I sent to GoDaddy:

Last night my server was shut down. I was told that my disc space was full and needed to be upgraded. I upgraded from 10GB to 20GB to solve the problem as it was important to get the server going again.

I am still very confused as to how this happened. If I log into Plesk and add up the total disc space of all domains I only get a total of 2.38GB. Yet when I check the total Server Statistics it says I have used 11.23GB. That is almost 5 times the size I thought I was using.

Could you please let me know what exactly is causing this problem. Where is the extra 8.85GB being used? Is there somewhere I can see the exact breakdown of disc space usage? I sure did not expect to have to upgrade so quickly. Please let me know as soon as possible - you have always been very helpful - and I really appreciate your time on this matter.

Response from GoDaddy:

Plesk does not provide an accurate reading for the amount of disk space that you are using. Unfortunately, we cannot provide the details about where the disk usage is coming from, you will need to login to your server and investigate the disk usage to see where the extra space is coming from.

Please Help!

Could someone please be kind enough to help me with this? I don't know SSH very well at all. Thank you for your help!

Alex.

Oops, forgot to include that you may want to view your log files in /var/log. there have been horror stories posted here where these files grew astronomical in size for some reason.

Great!

The files in there were huge.

I also discovered that I can go into Plesk > Server > Action Log > and set my records to be stored in the database for 3 days instead of 30. That action alone cleaned up all of my log files and my disc space statistics are back where they should be.

Thanks so much for your help!

Hi...

Im having some Disk Usage problem too... but... all my domains on plesk have 0MB... thats what plesk saids... cause if you go to the file manager you can see all the files on their folders....

Is there in the config files a parameter for the disk Space Usage???

That can be the path wrong?????

Hope you can help me... :confused:

Back