• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Disk full when backup to external FTP.

Luiz_Gustavo

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello everyone,

I have a doubt about the backup manager while using external FTP. The server has a capacity of 200 GB, out of which 130 GB is used by subscriptions and 60 GB is free.

Plesk compresses everything locally before sending it to FTP, which I believe is necessary. However, I need a solution since upgrading the server to perform a full backup every 30 days is not an option. Therefore, we have configured the server to keep one full monthly backup and a differential backup every day.

If I enable multi-volume backup, would it solve the local storage issue? Additionally, is it possible to configure the backup manager to send one file per subscription, or are there any workarounds to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Luiz

Do you have to use FTP or do you have other method of access to the storage volume?

If you have like SSH access for example, you could potentially mount the storage volume over SSH (SSHFS) - it would then be basically seen by Plesk as just being local storage.

Do you have to use FTP or do you have other method of access to the storage volume?

If you have like SSH access for example, you could potentially mount the storage volume over SSH (SSHFS) - it would then be basically seen by Plesk as just being local storage.

The backup server runs on Windows Server. The scenario I'm describing is just one of many servers. To address the issue, I can export iSCSI from Windows or install NFS services. However, FTPS is a straightforward option to set up and configure on multiple servers.

Do you know if Digital Ocean Spaces or any other extensions can help with the problem of limited local storage?

Thanks,

Luiz

Spaces is basically S3 compatible so you could use like s3fs;

NFS might be another way forward though. Basically anything that would be seen as local storage, but also keep in mind that will likely tank the rate that backups are processed.

Backup Manager is just going to require local storage regardless if uploading it to FTP storage.

Back