• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Disk usage of /var/drweb/spool

Nick

New Pleskian
I'm digging into the disk usage of a server running Plesk 17.5 and found that /var/drweb/spool is using over 300GB of space. I've looked in that directory and it's filled with various *.vdb.* files that are created every 30 minutes it seems. There's over 800,000 files in total.

I haven't been able to find any logs related to these and don't know if it would be safe to remove these files/remove and recreate the directory to free up space.

Try to find related information in DrWeb logs in directory /var/drweb/log/
DrWeb virus databases are stored as files with the *.vdb extension. Maybe DrWeb support assistance is required here.

Igor -

The /var/drweb/log directory is actually empty. I did find a lot of logged messages in /var/log/messages related to drweb. I would like to re-install Premium Antivirus but I don't know if I will need the current license in order to do that. Is there any way to find the current license/key info in case it is needed when re-installing?

Tried, but still having 23 GB in /var/drweb/spool!

Did you remove the .vdb files from the spool directory? I had to re-install it to get it to stop creating new files every 30 minutes. Then I had to remove all the files that were there.

Back