• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Diskspace Usage Viewer loads/shows wrong home directory when having multiple subscriptions

Kaspar

API expert
Plesk Guru
Username:

TITLE

Diskspace Usage Viewer loads/shows wrong home directory when having multiple subscriptions

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk 18.0.51
Diskspace Usage Viewer extension 2.0.9-38
CentOS 7.9

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When a customer has multiple subscriptions and uses the Diskspace Usage Viewer the home directory of the subscription that has been added first to the customer is shown in the Diskspace Usage Viewer for all other subscriptions.

This only happens when logged in as a customer. When using the Diskspace Usage Viewer as an administrator the right document root of a domain is always shown.

Uninstalling and re-installing the Diskspace Usage Viewer extension does not solve the issue.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1) Access Plesk in Service Provider View
2) Install the Diskspace Usage Viewer extension if not installed yet
3) Create a customer and add at least two subscriptions for the customer. For example:
first-test-domain.com
second-test-domain.ro
4) To easily distinguish which directory gets shown in the Diskspace Usage Viewer create a file named hello-world (or whatever name you prefer) in the home directory (that would be /var/www/vhosts/first-test-domain.com) of the first added subscription.
5) Login to Plesk as the customer you just created
6) Navigate to the domain you've second added (second-test-domain.ro) and open the Diskspace Usage Viewer
7) Notice how the home directory of the first added the is shown (easily recognizable by file created in step 4)

ACTUAL RESULT

Wrong directory get shown/loaded in Diskspace Usage Viewer

EXPECTED RESULT

Directory of actual domain get shown/loaded

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Last edited:
I'm afraid that we should not count on a fast fix of this. I suggest to better find a workaround, a different approach how to handle the case in your everyday business.

That's a pity. The Diskspace Usage Viewer is actually a really useful tool for customers/users to quickly find large directories and files within the Plesk GUI. As far as I am aware there isn't really a direct substitute.

I know that for some Plesk extensions the source code is publicly available on the official Plesk GitHub page. Since the Diskspace Usage Viewer isn't such a complicated extension (presumably), would it be an option for the developers to publish the extension publicly on GitHub too? That way I see if I can come up with a fix myself. And either fork it or (if the Devs are open to it) perhaps even create pull request for it.

The source is available, it seems:

The source is available, it seems:
Ohw, thnx! Somehow I missed that when searching through the repositories today.

Back