• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Display of "Run PHP as ... served by nginx" reverting to "... served by Apache"

Bitpalast

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Guru
TITLE:
Display of "Run PHP as ... served by nginx" reverting to "... served by Apache"
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Onyx 17.5, CentOS 7.3, 64-Bit
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
When the user selects "Run PHP as FPM application served by nginx" and clicks "OK", the setting seems to be applied, but next time the PHP configuration page is opened, the drop down selector box displays "Run PHP as FPM application served by Apache".​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
GUI, go to PHP settings page of any subscription (/smb/web/php-settings/id/xxxx), change PHP configuration to "Run PHP as FPM application served by nginx", click "OK" button. Then leave the page and open it again.​
ACTUAL RESULT:
The drop down box is back to "Run PHP as FPM application served by Apache".​
EXPECTED RESULT:
The drop down box should show "Run PHP as FPM application served by nginx".​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Reproducable here on two different hosts that are running Onyx 17.5.

It does not matter whether nginx or Apache are restarted in between or have reloaded the configuration in between.
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Hello @Peter Debik

Unfortunally i couldn't reproduce this issue at our test servers but we had a similar issue (id PPPM-5618) and it was fixed in 17.5.3 (23 march 2017).
So i can't say more without access to your server. Please contact with our Support Team and tehn we could look to your issue in more detail

O.k., support ticket has been filed. I'll report back once they provide a solution or analysis.

I have the same problem, but the update didn't fix it.

When I press Apply after chosing "Run PHP as FPM application served by nginx" and "PHP version 7.1.6." , it will be saved successfully. The website works fine.
But...

-1- The page "PHP Settings" tells me the wrong information:
"Run PHP as FastCGI application served by Apache" and "PHP version 5.6.30 by OS Vendor"
However the version number under the words "PHP settings" is correct (PHP 7.1.6).

-2- The page "Hosting Settings" tells me right information:
"Run PHP as FPM application served by nginx" and "PHP version 7.1.6."

It seems that the page "PHP Settings" doesn't get the right information in both select boxes.

... and since #10 it seems that FPM is always served by Apache (even when set to use nginx), or at least this is what Joomla 3.7.2 system information page reports.

How do you guys check which wrapper is really used??

I can confirm the above too. The issue still exists.
When i select "Run PHP as FPM application served by nginx" and "PHP version 7.1.6.", click "Save" and reload the page, the "PHP version 5.4 by OS vendor" is selected again.

Have you asked the assistance of Plesk Support Team? Any results?

I have completed support request, but no more answer. Thus also no ID.

Will make tomorrow morning, make a new request.

Today i am on the road.

I can confirm this one on my plesk servers..
Plesk Onyx 17.5 on centos 6.9

Php7.1.6.png
Then entering on PHP settings...

Php7.1.6error.png

I confirm the issue.
SO ‪CentOS Linux 7.3.1611 (Core)‬
Prodotto Plesk Onyx
Versione 17.5.3 Aggiorna #11, ultimo aggiornamento il 29/Giu/2017 16.39

This seems indeed to be solved with Version 17.5.3 Update #12, but... I'm unsure PHP is really served by nginx when told to do so:

• If you click on the "View the phpinfo() page", the $_SERVER['SERVER_SOFTWARE'] variable is set to "Apache"
  • Same if I do a phpinfo(); in a script hosted in my subscription
  • Joomla "System information" page says that the server is "Apache"

I very well remember that in all the above cases I used to get "nginx"...

Back