• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs DKIM-Signature still enabled even with "serverwide DKIM" disabled

japjay

New Pleskian
Username: japjay

TITLE

DKIM-Signature still enabled even with "serverwide DKIM" disabled

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian, 18.0.36, Debian 10, KVM 12-Core 64GB RAM

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

Plesk signs outgoing mails with DKIM, even with "serverwide DKIM-signature" (Settings -> Mailserver) disabled.
This is caused by the other setting directly in the mail-settings of the specific domain.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

If DKIM-Signature is enabled in the domain's mailsettings, and DKIM-Signature is disabled serverwide, you can see that there are still mails being sent with DKIM-Signature.
You need to disable DKIM for every single domain and disable it afterwards serverwide inside the mailserver-settings so it stops being DKIM-signed.

I helped myself out with this command:

Bash:
for domain in $(plesk db -Ne 'SELECT name FROM domains WHERE parentDomainId=0;'); do plesk bin domain_pref --update $domain -sign_outgoing_mail false; done

ACTUAL RESULT

Mails are being DKIM-signed even with DKIM disabled serverwide.

EXPECTED RESULT

If "DKIM serverwide disabled" - plesk should stop signing mails by DKIM. No need for disabling DKIM in every single domain.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Discussed with developers. This is expected that DKIM status remains enabled in the Plesk database for domains. When DKIM is disabled server-wide the messages should not be signed for domains. And it works as expected on the test server.

So, currently, the issue was not reproduced. I would ask you for additional details:

1) Enable DKIM server-wide
2) Enable DKIM for domain
3) Disable DKIM server-wide
4) Verify that DKIM is disabled for sure using the following command:
Code:
# plesk bin mailserver --info options | grep "DKIM Sign Outgoing Mail"
DKIM Sign Outgoing Mail: off
5) Send a test email and check DKIM in headers
6) In case the issue is reproduced, generate technical report and provide its ID: How to send a Plesk technical report and get its ID

Back