• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS (Bind) service won't start

V

Vasilios G.D

DNS (Bind) service won't start!

My problem is quite similar to this: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=88002&highlight=bind

The named service seems to start and die immediatelly if I check ps I see a different process each time a do a lookup with 00:00 life which means its trying to start all the time but it dies shortly after. As the thread above, I get the same messages when trying to manually start the service. When I try to start the DNS service from within the Plesk panel (Services Management) I get the following message: Error: Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by dnsmng: dnsmng: Service /etc/init.d/named failed to start ('--start', 'dns')

Some history. Although I think this is a bit unrelated I am sure its what triggered the problem. A client of mine had some stupid scripts that caused his logfile to become a bit more than 95GB taking all the free space of the server, EVEN THOUGH I have ticked the "Dont allow overuse of resources" for that account! When the HD was full nothing worked well and I think after a restart I did before realising that there was no free space the DNS service stopped working.

Please someone help I have people calling all the time cause nothing is working properly with the DNS down.

Thanks!!!

Resolved

Called 1&1 support and they fixed it quickly. They are awesome. I have no clue how but they did.

If anyone knows the solution for future reference please feel free to inform the rest of us.

Thanks
V

Back