• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

DNS (Bind) service won't start

V

Vasilios G.D

DNS (Bind) service won't start!

My problem is quite similar to this: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=88002&highlight=bind

The named service seems to start and die immediatelly if I check ps I see a different process each time a do a lookup with 00:00 life which means its trying to start all the time but it dies shortly after. As the thread above, I get the same messages when trying to manually start the service. When I try to start the DNS service from within the Plesk panel (Services Management) I get the following message: Error: Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by dnsmng: dnsmng: Service /etc/init.d/named failed to start ('--start', 'dns')

Some history. Although I think this is a bit unrelated I am sure its what triggered the problem. A client of mine had some stupid scripts that caused his logfile to become a bit more than 95GB taking all the free space of the server, EVEN THOUGH I have ticked the "Dont allow overuse of resources" for that account! When the HD was full nothing worked well and I think after a restart I did before realising that there was no free space the DNS service stopped working.

Please someone help I have people calling all the time cause nothing is working properly with the DNS down.

Thanks!!!

Resolved

Called 1&1 support and they fixed it quickly. They are awesome. I have no clue how but they did.

If anyone knows the solution for future reference please feel free to inform the rest of us.

Thanks
V

Back