• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved DNS configuration managed by Plesk

othmaqsa

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello,

As soon the certificate from let's encrypt is becoming expired, I need to modify the record for each domain _acme-challenge in the domain registrar.

I want to use the all in one solution from Plesk. I want to use the custom NS + glue records, and after that, the _acme-challenge record will be normally renewed automatically.

What is the cons of using the custom NS instead of the NS of the registrar ?

Thank you

The DNS module is rather easy to use. You will however need two nameservers in two different subnets (at least that is what the registries require). Some users simply put two of such IP addresses onto their one Plesk machine, but for a more stable environment it is best to have at least one other machine as a DNS slave running. You can use the Plesk DNS Slave Manager extension to auto-duplicate the settings that you are doing in Plesk to your DNS slave.

The DNS module is rather easy to use. You will however need two nameservers in two different subnets (at least that is what the registries require). Some users simply put two of such IP addresses onto their one Plesk machine, but for a more stable environment it is best to have at least one other machine as a DNS slave running. You can use the Plesk DNS Slave Manager extension to auto-duplicate the settings that you are doing in Plesk to your DNS slave.
Thank you for your message. Perfect, I'll take a look.

For the duplicate thread you just closed, it's my bad. I wanted to post on the Linux forum, but I got it wrong. Sorry.

I also wanted to remove it from the Windows forum, but that is not possible.

Back