1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

DNS do not sync automatic.

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.1 Troubleshooting Issues' started by PMNet, Feb 9, 2007.

1. PMNet

PMNet Guest

When adding a domain in Plesk Expand, the domain doens't sync with the plesk servers. There are no errors (as fas as i can see) in expand, and the plesk servers do not get any signal from the expand machine.

the domain was added 08/02/2007 08:30. At 09/02/2007 09:00 the domain still wasn't synchronized.

Work around; After manually stopping and starting named on the console the domains get synchronized. A 'named reload' doensn't work either.

2. CryoGenID

CryoGenID Regular Pleskian

90%
    ACK, also noticed here... ticket has been opened... but no reply yet :(

3. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    What is a ticket ID (to escalate it if necessary)?

4. CryoGenID

90%
    This is the ticket id 272492 (created already on Wednesday (7th) and NO reply yet altough we have a premium support plan! Why don't tickets of premium support holders automatically get escalated?!).

Thanks for your help!

5. Sergey L

43%
    The support service checked the ticket. Please, see their answers.

In short -
    Plesk Expand uses "rndc reload" command to update DNS server configuration (new zones & zone updates). On your host "rndc reload" command has no effect for some reason. Probably that is Bind misconfiguration. Details are being researched now.

6. CryoGenID

90%
    Just to give you an update...
    The bug is confirmed, but currently no fix is available... :mad:

I'll keep you updated! :)

7. loopback-martin

loopback-martin Guest

Have you tried using the central dns servers as slaves and the plesk server as master?

We are also using Expand 2.1.1 and with this setup the central dns is working as expected.

/M

8. PMNet

PMNet Guest

Hi Martin!

To be honest, we didn't. More specific, we consider that as a work around instead of a bigfix. We are not willing to change our dns infrastructure because it can have an enormous impact to our clients and therefore us included. Besides, we believe that it isn’t the method that Plesk would advice us to use there software, is it?

At this moment, we are restarting the dns a couple times a day to make sure every adjustment will be synchronised with the other nameservers. It isn’t nice, but I’ll work for the moment.

9. loopback-martin

loopback-martin Guest

Yup, of course it's a workaround.. I just didn't read the thread thoroughly enough to see that you already had come up with one :)

10. PMNet

PMNet Guest

Still no solution yet? :mad:

11. Sergey L

43%
    Try Plesk Expand 2.1.2 - the latest patch.
    It shall help.