• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Import

W

woodard1966

Is there a procedure available to import DNS data?
I would like to use the Plesk8 server as a DNS master.
I have more than 150K exsting DNS records so manual entry is not an option.

importing large number of domains into plesk

Hi,
I would like to know if you ever received an answer to your question. I am in a similar situation. I setup a temporary solution and I hope that there is an easy way to go from here.

Currently I have master servers setup at another, non-Plesk, location.

I created a list of my domains and put them into a file called my_domains

Then I modified the named.conf file and allowed transfer to my Plesk server on the master.

Then simply scripted the domain creation on the Plesk server setting it up as a slave server:

for i in `cat my_domains`; do /usr/local/psa/bin/domain --create $i -clogin root; /usr/local/psa/bin/dns --set-slave $i; /usr/local/psa/bin/dns --add $i -primary $primary_ip; done

This process puts the correct zone data for all of the domains into /var/named/run-root/var

Anybody can tell me how to reuse this data when I designate the Plesk server as a master for a particular domain? If I use the
/usr/local/psa/bin/dns--set-master $domain command it simply overwrites the existing data and creates a new zone file from the default zone template.

Anybody else knows a simple way of transferring existing DNS data into Plesk? Manual entries are expensive, time consuming and error prone, it is not an option for us.

Thank you in advance,
Operencias

Personally we use 4PSA DNS Manager. You would be better off looking at Plesk Expand than hoping Plesk itself will do it.

Back