• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS management i

JuanCar

Regular Pleskian
I cannot manage my DNS inside Plesk, well I can create DNS records, edit them and so, but the changes don't affect my domains. And DNS management is on, without any error.
I registered my domain in a company where I can edit the DNS records. So the modifications in Plesk are useless. aren't?
How can I syncronize both DNS register?

Thanks

What changes are you making and how is it they are not affecting your domains? If your provider configures DNS on their end then perhaps you don't need to make changes yourself and need to go through them?

DNS changes

Well, if I make changes in my registrant web service, this changes foes affect my domains, of course. But not if I make these changes in Plesk. I think that the DNS of my registrant is primary and Plesk must be configured as secondary, so it sybcronize with the primary, isn't it?
I would prefer manage all (dns, domains, subdomains, mail...) in just one place, centralized control, just for convenience. But Plesk's help dont tell anything about this.....
Thankis

Not really Juan.

You have two choices:
1) Use your registrar's DNS servers. This is the default way a domain will be set up when you register it. The registrar will have multiple DNS servers (good) and any changes you make via the registrar's DNS control panel will cause the DNS records to be changes in all of them.

2) Use your Plesk server to manage dns. In order to do this, you need to create nameserver host records through your registrar's control panel (e.g. ns1.your-main-domain.tld and ns2.your-main-domain.tld) pointing to the IP(s) of your Plesk server. Then, you need to change the namservers associated with each domain you want to host on your panel to those namservers you have created. All DNS lookups from the internet for those domains will then be pointed towards your Plesk server, and the DNS records you have created there will be used.
Note, however, that you are really supposed to have two separate DNS servers, in case one goes down. So typcially each nameserver host record you create should point to a different IP, each of which should be a different server. However, it is common to use different IPs on the same server or even use the same IP for each host record if you only have one.

There are companies offering secondary DNS server services, where you can set things up so that your Plesk server is the primary, and the servers belonging to the other company are secondary DNS servers.

There are also other combinations of all of the above.

Use one of the many domain DNS testing websites (many free) to see what's happening.

Back