1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

DNS Management

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by BoiseComputer, Dec 11, 2008.

1. BoiseComputer

BoiseComputer Regular Pleskian

23%
    Am I blind or is there no longer a way to manage DNS for each domain using version 9?
    How do I point to an external MX record.. How do I add A records outside of the server... etc. I can't imagine them thinking that was a feature that hosting doesn't need....

2. BoiseComputer

BoiseComputer Regular Pleskian

23%
    Browsing another topic I found my answer.
    You have to click the Web Site drop down box in the domain page. This does not seem very natural to me and now I realize that I have to click drop downs to even see some of my menu choices. How is a client supposed to know they are there without some sort of hint?

3. benmay

benmay New Pleskian

57%
    Thanks for that - I just found it too... very un natural way to find it!! gee

4. jnarvaez

jnarvaez Basic Pleskian

Thanks for the tip, I thought I was blind

Why the hell they put it there?

5. ZopfWare

ZopfWare Regular Pleskian

57%
    I guess alot of us thought we were blind....really dumb way to do it.

6. terrion

terrion Guest

It's probably just me overlooking it, but where are you seeing this pull down menu?

7. ZopfWare

ZopfWare Regular Pleskian

57%
    Next to the heading for the various menu blocks on Home page of CP you will see a little triangle on some of the menu blocks. Click on that and you will see the additional menu items not shown inside the block.