• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue DNS Master does not propagate information

I contacted another provider where I registered other domains.
They also register me a "personal" name server, associated with that particular domain.
But only if it is a .com. If it has another TLD they are not sure they can do it.
Perhaps (IMHO) is because in reality like many registrars they actually rely on other registrars; in practice they are retailers.
In any case, associated with the new nameserver domain, it will no longer be possible to manage the DNS from their panel, but only from the software installed on the server. So there is no double management.
Finally they advise against it because my servers (they should be at least two servers) are not replicated on the Internet like theirs with the related security and performance implications.
So this would be the main contraindication.

In conclusion, the best solution would be to disable the DNS service in Plesk and leave the management on the provider panel.
The initial doubt remains: then when to use a DNS service if it seems to be a service addressed to a few?

dejo aqui lo que me sucedio y es muy similar a lo de CobraArbok:
1-migre de un vps de ionos a uno vps cloud de ionos.
2-igualmente tuve problemas para conectar mis sitios y solo con las respuestas de este hilo pude solucionar la mayor parte.
3- despues de migrar hay que deshabilitar los DNS en plesk para cada sitio web.
4-luego ir al registrador (en mi caso es el mismo ionos) y agregar todas las entradas DNS de mis dominios(los registros de correo tambien), en cada uno de ellos.
5-utilizo rouncube para los correos de mis dominios (se puede migrar los correos con IMAPSize ), por lo tanto hay que solicitar a IONOS que habilite el puerto 25
6-si presenta algun error al enviar correos a cuentas de otros dominios que se encuentran dentro del mismo servidor cloud, estas cuentas tambien deben tener ya configuradas las DNS en el registrador.

--------------------------------------

I leave here what happened to me and it is very similar to that of CobraArbok:
1-migrate from an ionos vps to an ionos vps cloud.
2-I also had problems connecting my sites and only with the answers in this thread was I able to solve most of them.
3- after migrating, you must disable DNS in plesk for each website.
4-then go to the registrar (in my case it is the same ionos) and add all the DNS entries of my domains, in each one of them.
5-I use rouncube for emails from my domains (emails can be migrated with IMAPSize), therefore IONOS must be requested to enable port 25
6-if you have any error when sending emails to accounts in other domains that are within the same server in the cloud, these accounts must also have DNS configured in the registrar.

Have you finally managed to solve the problem? I have a fairly similar problem, but I don't understand what to do with it.

Have you finally managed to solve the problem? I have a fairly similar problem, but I don't understand what to do with it. And by this I mean that I have problems with the DNS service in Plesk. I don't want to just turn off DNS because if the developers have added DNS to Plesk, then I want to use it. By the way, have you ever had such an error with DNS DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET Error? My friend has such an error and it is not yet clear what to do with it. I hope there will be a person here who is aware of what this error is and knows what to do with it. Sorry for asking so many questions.
Probably disable DNS service in Plesk is the easiest and fastest solution. I wonder when Plesk will make DNS more convenient?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why disable Plesk DNS? I copy it manually to the hoster's DNS whenever there's a change. And I get everything, including Plesk-generated domainkeys, with this approach.

I am also with Ionos and have the same issue.

From reading the thread, I feel a "hidden master" would be best for Plesk users on VPS with Ionos? this would prevent any load on the VPS, but would prevent manually changing DNS records each time something changes in Plesk (like a new TXT record for a SSL cert).

Is this possible with Ionos?

Also, I read repeatedly "turn off DNS in Plesk". Why? If it is not used, but we manually have to update in Ionos, why not leave is on and use it to copy / paste each time? Is there any actual advantage to turning it off?

Thanks!

Back