• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up TXT for _acme-challenge.tradeposerp.com - check that a DNS record exists for this domain

TradePOS

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu server 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Pro Edition Version 18.0.44
DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up TXT for _acme-challenge.tradeposerp.com - check that a DNS record exists for this domain
When I tray to install let's encrypt SSL certificate I always see this error message even if I have the TXT record added to the domain DNS

1656349901966.png
Why this is happening?
Any help please!
Thank you.

This means your dns records were not resolving correctly at the time. You can always do a check with the 'dig' command.

Use 8.8.8.8 for Google DNS and 1.1.1.1 for Cloudflare DNS.
Bash:
dig TXT _acme-challenge.tradeposerp.com @8.8.8.8

Alternatively you can use the Google DNS Lookup tool.
As you can see, there is no dns record present at this moment.

1656400761070.png

EDIT:
I found your issue. Your Nameservers are pointing to Hetzner's DNS Console. You need to create the TXT record there.

OR you can point your nameservers to your Plesk panel and add the TXT record there.

This means your dns records were not resolving correctly at the time. You can always do a check with the 'dig' command.

Use 8.8.8.8 for Google DNS and 1.1.1.1 for Cloudflare DNS.
Bash:
dig TXT _acme-challenge.tradeposerp.com @8.8.8.8

Alternatively you can use the Google DNS Lookup tool.
As you can see, there is no dns record present at this moment.

View attachment 21116

EDIT:
I found your issue. Your Nameservers are pointing to Hetzner's DNS Console. You need to create the TXT record there.

OR you can point your nameservers to your Plesk panel and add the TXT record there.
Thanks dud,
I will try to change nameservers annd see
Thanks again my friend

Back