• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS Problem when creating new subscription

AndreasY

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

we can no longer create a working subscription

Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
12.0.18 Update #26

After the creation of a subscription, DNS does not work properly.

The last successful subcription was created Sept 26, 2014.

I thought something ontoward had happened at first so attempted to delete the subscription and re-create.

On attempting to delete the subscription the following error is given

Error: Some of the selected subscriptions were not removed.
Unable to remove domain: Error during domain.com removeZone: dnsmng failed: Unknown error 0x80131509 (COM Interop Error 80131509, Description: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. at System.Management.ManagementObject.Delete(DeleteOptions options) at System.Management.ManagementObject.Delete() at WMIMsDNS.Provider.DeleteRecordsByType(String zone, String type) at WMIMsDNS.Provider.DeleteZone(String zone, UInt32& serial)) at removeZone ZoneName = 'domain.com'

To totally remove the subscription I have to first manually remove all DNS entires via the control panel.

Then I can delete the subscription from via the control panel.

After this I need to delete one entry from the PSA database (last MX record).

Then the subscription can be recreated.

But same problem exists.

Can someone please advise steps we can take to source the issue and fix it.

Thanks

On futher inspection, Plesk is not creating an entry in MSDNS.

Am troubleshooting this issue to see if I can find out why .........

-- EDIT --

Plesk is not creating any entries in MSDNS when a new subscription is created.

Have tried many things but cannot get it to work.

Each time I try to create a new subscription, the 1st entry in the MSDNS gets corrupted and the new subscriptions domain does not appear.

To repair the corrupted entry, I have to delete the entry in MSDNS and then use the Plesk CP to 'restore' the default DNS entries.

This ammends the MSDNS entry so the domain can function.

Hope someone has some ideas .......

-- EDIT 2 --

Another issue, if I try to add a DNS update a DNS record via the control panel for the domain, this also corrupt the enrty to MSDNS

When I say corrupt, what happens is all DNS records are removed from the domain

Last edited:
They say a picture speaks a thousand words

uL7C22t.jpg

The 'OLD' file is from a backup dated 26/11/2014

This looks to be a similar if not the same issue as

http://www.ovy007.ro/plesk-windows-cannot-add-domain-or-update-dns-zone-after-last-windows-update/

I tried to use our 'OLD' file but we get a different error.

dnsmng failed: C structured exception: 0xc0000005

I am disappointed that the regular 'Plesk Staff' who post here did not say anything in this thread.

As with their experience, they would have a better idea than myself on where the problem could be.

Instead I had to spend many hours searching and troubleshooting to find out the issue is caused by this Plesk file.

Can we please have a fix, or issue us a free support voucher so we can go through the official channel.

Thanks

Last edited:
Seven months down the line and this issue never got resolved.

We have been left in limbo by both Odin (formally Parallels) and our webhost.

To this day, when an automatic update is applied to our Plesk installation we have to overwrite two files

MsProv.dll
WMIMSDNSProvider.dll

With versions dated from 13th August 2014

Then our Plesk installation works properly.

Plesk support insisted at the time that there was a problem with our Windows server.

They supplied us with a WMI script that was NOT made for Windows Server 2012 and then passed the buck when the WMI script they provided us completed with errors.

We know there is nothing wrong with our installation as we loaded an image of the OS onto another virtual machine, uninstaled Plesk then reinstalled Plesk and the MSDNS problem is no longer present.

Hence our Windows server is working normally.

Just something in the files stated above dated after 13th August 2014 are not working with our Plesk installation.

Unfortunatelty for us Odin (formally Parallels) have brushed our case 'under the carpet'.

It is hoped that since Odin has taken over that we may receive some support that actually attempts to assist us rather than fob us off.

Thanks

Last edited:
We're experiencing the exact same problem. Whenever any DNS change is made via Plesk, it clears out all entries in the Windows DNS Manager for that domain. Has any progress been made on this issue?

@AndreasY where did you download the WMIMSDNSProvider.dll file? If this is the only solution for now, then I need to use it. Maybe create a an automated process to overwrite those files whenever Plesk is updated.

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks!

We're experiencing the exact same problem. Whenever any DNS change is made via Plesk, it clears out all entries in the Windows DNS Manager for that domain. Has any progress been made on this issue?

@AndreasY where did you download the WMIMSDNSProvider.dll file? If this is the only solution for now, then I need to use it. Maybe create a an automated process to overwrite those files whenever Plesk is updated.

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks!
Hi Pablo,

we are currently working with Plesk regards the issue.

I will PM you with a link with our working files and update this thread with our results.

Cheers

Replacing those files didn't work and I can't seem to get a hold of anyone from Plesk/Odin for any kind of support. I tried reaching out to @IgorG since he seems to be the only employee on the forum, but no response from him either. At this point, Plesk is rendered useless since managing the multitude of DNS entries for all of our clients was one of the most important features for us. Really frustrated at this point :mad:

Replacing those files didn't work and I can't seem to get a hold of anyone from Plesk/Odin for any kind of support. I tried reaching out to @IgorG since he seems to be the only employee on the forum, but no response from him either. At this point, Plesk is rendered useless since managing the multitude of DNS entries for all of our clients was one of the most important features for us. Really frustrated at this point :mad:
Have you tried contact Support Team with reference on this thread?

Try to remove NS record with your server short or long name in it (intended record for primary DNS). In my case with Server 2012 R2 that makes Plesk's DNS update to create empty zone om the server. Until update #51, without that record, all zones were created with proper content, since then I am missing record for primary NS (with the name of the Plesk server), looks like it has been auto-added somehow magically before Plesk update #51, but that's not working now anymore, but missing that record is still much smaller problem then completely empty zone.

Back