• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DNS problems, reseller problems, a lot of problems.

lvalics

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
I was very patient since I have upgraded to PLESK 10.x

Now I lose all my patience and I can say that guys, it is bad.
I never saw in any PLESK release so many errors, bugs, which shouldn't be there.

The most recent one, beside of the lot what is on the forum, DNS and reseller.

I have resellers who maintain around 30 domains.
Each time when someone goes above the limit of the resource, the domain is deactivated and he cannot reactivate normally.

I have found the solution, but is over my mind.

I need to go to the domain control panel, reset the domain DNS (deactivate/reactivate) and then go to command line and reconfigure the domain.

Just simple suspens/activate the domain will not work, only this solution is working.

After my investigation, named.conf does not contain the domain information, nothing help only this solution.
This seems to happening only to resellers, even if they have all rights to do anything.

Anyway, this is now a major one, the rest are small but a lot :-(

Hi! thanks for the info. Could you please share with us how to "go to command line and reconfigure the domain"?
Thank you very much

Seems not need this command line reconfigure, just need to go to control panel of the domain and deactivate/reactivate the DNS. NASTY BUG :-(

Thanks for the reply. I've experienced this situation twice when trying to activate a domain that had been deactivated due to expire date.

Back