1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

DNS Problems with Plesk

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by ian422, Jul 18, 2008.

1. ian422

ian422 Guest

Hello Everyone,

I have a slight problem with my VPS. I created the Domain and everything seems fine

Then I created an A record to redirect to the server in my house and a MX record for the sub domain so that I could exchange mail on the sub domain.

The problem is that intermittently the sub domain will not re-direct and the MX records will not register at all.

When the A record doesn’t work properly I just get directed back to my Domain Default page.

2. faris

faris Guest

It isn't really clear what you are doing. Is it a domain or a subdomains you have created in Plesk?

Why not post the actual DNS (but use fake IPs and domain names) so that we can get a better grip with what you are doing, as this might help people understand what's going on?

Faris.