• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved DNS problems

hpaco

New Pleskian
Hello, I´m new to plesk and I´m having problems with DNS resolution.

I installed Plesk Onyx on CentOS 7 on Microsoft Azure following the provided guide (https://www.plesk.com/blog/deploying-plesk-onyx-microsoft-windows-azure/).

The site installed Ok and all its working ok when I access with the IP of the VM, I bought a domain and on the registrar set the ns1.xxx.com.mx with the IP of my VM, I couldn´t put ns2 because it asked a different IP for each NS record and I have only one IP. It looked like this:
DNS
DNS 1: ns1.xxx.com.mx IP: x.x.x.x (VM IP)

On plesk DNS entries were automatically created directing ns1.xxx.com.mx to the IP of the VM. I waited one day and the name wasnt resolving I tried www.xxx.com.mx and xxx.com.mx and it didn´t worked. But then I tried ns1.xxx.com.mx and it worked.

Then I changed on my registrar from ns1.xxx.com.mx to xxx.com.mx, accesing thru ns1.xxx.com.mx stopped working but www.xxx.com.mx or xxx.com.mx didn´t worked either.

I tried nslookup and most of the times it timed out sometimes it worked showing the web address.

I tought the problem was the bind DNS server and set up a DNS zone on AZURE.
I put the records it look like this:
@
NS
ns1-09.azure-dns.com.
ns2-09.azure-dns.net.
ns3-09.azure-dns.org.
ns4-09.azure-dns.info.

@
SOA
Email: azuredns-hostmaster.microsoft.com
Host: ns1-09.azure-dns.com.
Refresh: 3600
Retry: 300
Expire: 2419200
Minimum TTL: 300
Serial number: 1

@
MX
5 mail.xxx.com.mx

* A 3600 "VM IP"

ftp A 3600
x.x.x.x (VM IP)

mail A 3600
x.x.x.x (VM IP)

mail2 A 3600
x.x.x.x (VM IP)

www A 3600
x.x.x.x (VM IP)

and put them on my registrar as well, for the microsoft DNS it didn´t asked for IP numbers only the name server, it looks like this:

DNS
DNS 1: ns1-09.azure-dns.com
DNS 2: ns2-09.azure-dns.net
DNS 3: ns3-09.azure-dns.org
DNS 4: ns4-09.azure-dns.info

The site still did not resolve DNS, then I changed the DNS server on Plesk from primary to slave it asked for an IP but Microsoft does not provide an IP of the DNS servers I did a nslookup on the ns1 server and entered the IP on plesk. It still did not resolved.

Then I disabled DNS on Plesk and it didn´t resolved either nslookup gives back only the name but not the IP, on a page that does nslookup it gives me this response:
"IP Address : orionsystems.com.mx cannot be resolved to an IP Address"

Now it works on some networks (I have tried on my office computer, on my house computer, on an ipad with a 4g provider on my phone with another 4g provider).

Only in my work PC it works as xxx.com.mx but not as www.xxx.com.mx and only on chrome and Firefox but it does not work on explorer. On my phone works as ns1.xxx.com.mx but nothing else, on my ipad it works also as ns1.xxx.com.mx.

I dont know why it works as ns1.xxx.com.mx as it was the first record I set on my registrar but changed it three days ago.

So the question will be how can I make it work a Azure DNS Zone on plesk? I have to set it as slave or disable and with wich settings as the ones I used arent working.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Back