• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question DNS Server wide

paddaone1

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
DEBIAN
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello everyone,

Sorry for the question that might seem a bit dumb to some but I'm kinda stuck here!

I have a hosted dedicated server running Plesk Obsidian 18.0.43 on Debian.
I host several websites and email accounts for friends and familly.

So far they ask me to buy a domain, I do it on gandi or cloudflare, depending, then I set up the dns (A, CNAME, MX, etc.) to point towards the plesk server.

Because I don't want to manage it anymore and let my "clients" deal with it, I put together a WHMCS website to have them buy, transfer domains and services such as hosting and email. It's all automated and that's great!

All works great except that now I have created an ENOM reseller account in order for my clients to buy a domain name without having me buy and manage it for them.
If I use ENOM default name servers I would still have to go to the ENOM management platform to make domain point towards my server.
So the idea would be to use plesk capabilities to manage DNS and use it as default name server so when a domain is added in WHMCS it would point automatically to my plesk server.
Question is : how do I do this?
Should I put a default nameserver for all domains and then declare it on ENOM? My own domain? something else?
Then I would have to apply the DNS template server wide for every new domain hosted on the plesk server, is that right?
If nameserver is for example ns1.mydomain.com, ns2.mydomain.com, etc. will the dns recor of each new domain be set up properly?

As you can tell I'm a little confused here!
Thank you for your help.

Back