• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue DNS settings not visible

koekerd

New Pleskian
Hi.

I am very new to Plesk so forgive me if my question is not placed under the correct forum.

My problem: I've created a website for a customer. The customer bought the url www.socialmonday.nl. She passed me the login credentials. Now from what I can see it's Plesk Onyx 17.5.3.

After I log in I can see the control panel for all types of configuration, but: there's no 'DNS settings' button/option visible.

I tried to find info about this but what I found doesn't make much sense to me because I can not find anything called "Tools & Settings” where I should be able to activate DNS setting configuration.

So the question is simple: how can I manage the DNS settings for my customer?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Marcin.

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2018-06-04 om 22.11.25.png
    Schermafbeelding 2018-06-04 om 22.11.25.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Schermafbeelding 2018-06-04 om 22.22.49.png
    Schermafbeelding 2018-06-04 om 22.22.49.png
    321.3 KB · Views: 43
You need to login to Plesk as admin, then go to Permissions of domain socialmonday.nl subscription and check that permission for "DNS zone management" is enabled there.

@max2334 either no DNS service has been installed or you are running Plesk in restricted mode.

For the first check Tools & Settings and click Updated (under the Plesk header). Then click Add/Remove Components and check if Bind DNS server is installed.
Schermafbeelding 2022-11-27 om 10.54.36.png

Back