• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question DNS Setup

rattikarl

New Pleskian
Hey there,

I was trying around with the DNS Setup the last days and came to the point where I don"t understand anything anymore :D I'm too much of a noob probably but I'm willing to learn at least :D

My setup:
Domains: Bought domains at 2 different registrars. One at 1und1.de (lets call it example1.tld) and two at artfiles.de (example2.tld; example3.tld)
Server: Running a Ubuntu 16.04 TLS VPS at linode.com

Now I'm not sure how to configure the DNS Zones correctly.
Should the DNS settings at the registrar just have A records with the IP of the linode VPS and everything else happens at the DNS-Records of the domain in Plesk?

Or should I enter MX-Records and nameservers at the registrar? But which nameservers would I use in this case? The ones plesk creates? ns1.example1.tld, ns2.example2.tld ? And what would the correct MX-records be, is mail.example1.tld the same as mail.example2.tld as it points to the same IP and there is only one Postfix server running?

As you can see I'm kind of confused :) Would be very glad if someone could help me.

On registrar side you have specified nameservers for your registered domains. Domain should be DELEGATED to these nameservers.
On Plesk side you need to specify them as NS records.
Or you can specify Plesk nameserver on registrar side for your domains, i.e. delegate domains to these nameservers.
When nameservers will be the same on registrar side and in NS records on Plesk for your domains, other domain DNS records, including A record, will be synchronized to your nameservers and domain will be resolvable.

Back